Saturday, December 10, 2016

lazy daisy waffles





I have a man living in my house who is not my husband.  I'm not sure how it came to be, but much to my dismay, Daniel cannot be referred to as a boy any longer.  He has nearly passed me in height, has definitely passed me in shoe size, and his voice has dropped ten octaves.  Well, maybe just one, but  when it seems like it was just yesterday he was learning how to say his first words, one can feel like ten.

Not too long ago, he had a couple of friends over to spend the night.  In the quiet of the morning, as we were getting ready to head to Luke's ballgame, he and his friends erupted in laughter and started joking around.  The TV wasn't on, music wasn't playing.  The sound was so immense, I think our walls rattled.  I looked at John and said, "Those men we hear up there are our son and his friends."  It almost came out of me as a lament.

Lately, we have had several weekends of boys men hanging out, and just as the voices have dropped, so have their stomachs expanded.  That means lots of food needs to be on hand.

Parents of teenage boys, can I get an, "Amen!"

I have clung to this recipe every time, and I love it. You just can't mess these up.  And you want to know the best part?  You can make the batter and store in the fridge!  So easy!  Just throw out your favorite toppings on the counter... chopped fruit, nuts, syrup, honey... you name it.  And don't forget the chocolate and caramel drizzle, oh, and Luke would say the can of whipped cream.  A waffle bar on a Saturday morning might be my favorite thing going lately.  Give it a whirl.  You'll be "waffle-y" glad you did!


Lazy Daisy Waffles

makes approximately 8 Belgium waffles (depends on size of iron)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp white sugar
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with blender until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, until smooth.

2. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

*To keep warm until ready to serve, heat oven to 200 degrees and place on cookie sheet in a single layer.



1 comment:

  1. blue titanium cerakote
    xylive.co.uk/blue- titanium cerakote titanium wedding band sets - a glass titanium pipe vessel babylisspro nano titanium hair dryer made with stone tools 2020 escape titanium and iron tools, blue- titanium cerakote. edge titanium

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!