Tuesday, June 10, 2014

money-saving experiment - you gotta try this!



So I made a salad Friday night (will soon share with you), which left me with the whites of four green onions.  As I was cleaning up, I looked at them and thought, "Surely there is a way to regenerate these!"  To the computer I went… 

Love Google.  

And sure enough, I ended up reading forever about foods you can re-grow.  In fact, I also learned one can regenerate the end of a celery stalk, which I happened to have on the counter, as well.  

I just want you to look at how cool God is.  This is less than 24 hours between shots.


It is really as easy as it looks.  Place the end of a celery bunch in a bowl with just enough water to submerge, about an inch.  Place in a sunny location, and it will quickly begin to grow.  In a few days, I should be able to transplant to a pot and watch the stalks emerge.  

The green onions  just need to be planted in potting soil, leaving about an inch above the dirt. Water thoroughly and they, too, will quickly reform.  



I am really looking forward to seeing how this all turns out.  It will be a treat to just cut what I need, when I need it, as the months go by.  I will most definitely keep you posted on this undertaking and will soon share a terrific, EASY chicken salad recipe that uses both of these veggies nicely. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!