Wednesday, September 4, 2013

banana blueberry "ice cream"



We are moved.  Barely.  It's been an exhausting week, but we were able to transfer sixteen years worth of stuff from one house, shed, and barn into another house half the size and a storage unit.  

Embarrassing.  That's the word that kept coming to mind this weekend, as we packed up every box at lightning speed to meet the requested departure deadline.  Embarrassing is how I describe the unexplainable need to have so much stuff I think we have to have just to live.  So little of it is actually necessary.  So much of it is just plain frivolous.  And so when we finally find our next home, we will take time to weed out, because I can't do what I just did again.  Well, let me rephrase that.  I won't do what I just did again.  

I.  Want.  Simple.

And speaking of simple, this recipe is good that way.  AND it's healthy.  AND it's delicious... I mean delicious.  I was wowed by the results, to say the least.

Do make sure to let this sit a few minutes before eating or serving.  It will help with the creaminess factor.  

If I were you, I'd go ahead and make a double-batch of this.  Considering my ice cream addiction, this is a marvelous frozen treat to keep in your freezer at the ready.  Cause we all know two scoops of Moose Tracks every night for a near 40-year old doesn't yield desirable results.



one year ago: Old Fashioned Cobbler

Banana and Blueberry "Ice Cream"
 makes 4 servings
  • 4 firm, ripe bananas, cut into chunks and frozen overnight
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • pinch of Kosher salt
  • plash of heavy cream (optional)
~ Puree all ingredients in food processor, scraping down sides, until creamy.  
~ If freezing, let sit 10 minutes before serving.

Recipe slightly adapted from Bon Appetit

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!