Wednesday, July 24, 2013

mini-bagel caprese sandwich




What do I get when I cross mozzarella, with pesto, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and salad greens?

Joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, I tell ya.

Pure. Joy.

Way back in the first week of the blog, I posted about my favorite sandwich, the Summer BMT. A combination of some of my absolute favorite flavors.  The ones just mentioned, actually. You'll find that this post is a bit of a spin-off.  A cold version.  A cute one, for sure.  A perfect lighter lunch.  A delightful addition to a summer patio party spread.  A great appetizer.

And could it be more simple?

I love these little mini-bagels, because you could do a million things with them.  Well, maybe closer to 20, but you get what I'm saying.  This stackable sandwich has Summer written all over it and could help you pull off casual or fancy.  Whatever you decide, it'll be a hit, I assure you.

Enjoy!


Mini-Bagel Caprese Sandwich
Ingredients:
  • fresh mozzarella cheese, slicked thick
  • pesto
  • balsamic vinaigrette
  • baby salad greens
  • homegrown tomato, sliced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • mini bagels
~ On bottom half of bagel, spread pesto.  

~ On top, layer mozzarella, tomato, vinaigrette, greens, and a dash of salt and pepper.  Top  
    with other bagel half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!