Monday, June 3, 2013

monday reflections - does He care?



I have realized one thing, for sure, when it comes to having a blog.  The blogger has to plan.  It's really hard to just wing it and still have things useful for others to enjoy or read.

But despite all my planning for this weekend's cooking trials to share with you in upcoming posts, no amount of planning can overcome a dead refrigerator.  

It can really put a kink in things.  


"And why do you worry...  Consider the flowers.  They do not toil or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed as one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you - you of little faith?"  Matthew 6:28-30

Add that to the washer, and the dishwasher that conked out a few weeks ago (we're still rigging the clothes washer to get it to change cycles and hand-washing all dishes), among a couple of other things, and I would chalk the month of May up to a can-we-please-forget-about-this-month? kind of month.  

Yesterday at our sweet church, I was refreshed and rejuvenated as I listened to God speak through our minister, Will.  The big question of the day... Does God Care?  Had you been sitting in the audience, you would have felt and heard the resounding and emphatic, "Yes!"  

I am a worrier.  It's just in me.  And when things begin to go wrong, that is when the worry seeps in even more deeply.  And I feel guilty so much of the time worrying about what I do... like the afore-mentioned dead appliances and other current matters of our household, because at this very moment we have family suffering from chronic illness and friends who are grieving lost loved ones and others who are dying from terminal cancer.  

Do I seriously care about my fridge that much?  

But, do you know what?  God does.  He cares about every last thing that has to do with us.  He loves us.  He wants only good for us.  He cares.

Last night, we walked in the house after eating a great Mexican meal with wonderful church friends, where a terrific spiritual discussion ensued over the best tortilla chips and salsa in that part of Nashville.  I commented to the boys how thankful I am our family loves Jesus.  Daniel replied, "I know.  What would we do without Him?"

Out of the mouths of babes, I think they say.

This week, no matter what you're going through, don't question God's love and commitment for and to you.  Consider the flowers, my friends.  He. Cares.    

2 comments:

  1. Amen Jennifer! Thank you for giving me something inspiring to read to close my Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!