Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"sweet 16" recipe suggestions for healing (a.k.a. - syracuse orange is going down)



The "Sweet 16" is around the corner, so I thought I'd share some good game time recipe options from the site.  Whether it's a simple snack, a more filling main course, or a refreshing drink you're looking for, there should be something for just about everyone.

I lived in Indiana my whole childhood through high school, but we moved to major Hoosier Country when I was in eighth grade.  In Dubois Co., Big Red was the drink of choice, there was a basketball goal in practically every driveway, and Larry Byrd was a common household name. 

Friday nights at Memorial Gym were some of the best I remember... smelling the popcorn, playing in the pep band, circling the top while hanging out with my best friend, Ang'.  There were numerous heart-stopping, down-to-the-wire shoot-outs, and our Southridge Raiders made the trek to State more than once.  I loved my time there, and that is where I learned to love basketball as well. Little did I know just a handful of years later, I'd marry a coach and spend even more time in small and large gyms throughout Indiana and Tennessee cheering on the teams and my husband.  

It goes without saying, tomorrow night at 8:45 will be big-time exciting in our house.  IU will take on Syracuse in style, I assure you.  And, by the way.  If any of you are rooting for the Orange, make sure you have some good grub in hand.  

It'll make the loss a little easier to swallow...


























1 comment:

  1. In-ground adjustable basketball hoops are one of the best ways to have a basketball hoop at your home. These systems allow for regulation or lowered height, which provides convenience and flexibility for the users. Get the best deal on outdoor basketball goals with Pro Dribble. We carry a wide variety of portable and permanent basketball systems for commercial, residential, and school use.
    For more call now 8888782942

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!