Friday, August 17, 2012

friday night pizza




At the end of a long week, I was really looking forward to hitting the new farmer's market in our neck of the woods.  I've planned to do so the last three Fridays, and I just couldn't make it happen.  Tonight was the night, and the boys and I had a blast.  What is it about throwing just-picked fruits and veggies into a bag all while looking at the farmer responsible in the eye?  Beats Wal-Mart any day.

This is what we ended up with...


Well, along with two scoops of homemade peach ice cream and a Gala apple that didn't make it home.

The circle of dulcimer and other stringed instrument players, as well as the fun food trucks, were also an added bonus.  Loved it.

As much as I would have been thrilled to have whipped up a meal with my new finds when we got home, I knew no one was going to wait too long for a meal.   So, I pulled out some staples, as well as a frozen serving of the leftover sauce used in my lasagna couple of weeks ago, and we had a great - SUPER FAST - pizza just perfect for a lazy Friday night.

Homemade meals in way under an hour... that's the way I like 'em!



Friday Night Pizza - makes one pie
Ingredients:

~ Heat oven to 400 degrees.
~ Cut parchment paper to size of baking stone or pizza pan. 
~ Follow pizza dough recipe (link in recipe above).  Roll out dough on parchment and form
    a raised edge around outside.
~ Pour sauce (link in recipe above) over dough and spread with back of measuring cup to 
    raised edge.
~ Cover top of pizza with cheese.  
~ Cook pizza in heated oven for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling and 
    crust is golden.


Recipe from The Lazy Daisy Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!